At Site Solutions, your privacy and the security of your personal data is, and will always be, enormously important to us. So, we want to transparently explain how and why we gather, store, share and use your personal data – as well as outline the controls and choices you have around when and how you choose to share your personal data.
That is our objective, and this Policy will explain exactly what we mean in further detail below.
2. About this Policy
This Policy sets out the essential details relating to any personal data that you might supply to us (or that might be collected from you) when you visit our Website, use certain services offered via the Website or by email (“Information”). The Information shall be used in accordance with the permissions granted by you and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and, from the 25th May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (collectively known hereafter as the “Act”).
Please note this Policy only applies to the use of Information collected via our Website or during your communications with us. It does not apply to your communications with any other third party.
From time to time, we may develop new or offer additional services. If the introduction of these new or additional services results in any change to the way we collect or process your
personal data we will provide you with more information and additional terms or policies. Unless stated otherwise when we introduce these new or additional services, they will be subject to this Policy.
The aim of this Policy is to:
- Ensure that you understand what personal data we collect about you, the reasons why we collect and use it, and who we share it with;
- Explain the way we use the personal data that you share with us; and
- Explain your rights and choices in relation to the personal data we collect and process about you and how we will protect your privacy.
For information on how to contact us if you ever have any questions or concerns, then please see the ‘How to Contact Us’ section 13 below. Alternatively, if you do not agree with the content of this Policy, then please remember it is your choice whether you want to use the Site Solutions services.
3. Your rights and your preferences: Giving you choice and control
You may be aware that a new European Union law, called the General Data Protection Regulation or “GDPR” gives certain rights to individuals in relation to their personal data. We have summarised the basic rights afforded to individuals below, but you will need to consult the Act for a full understanding of your rights:
- Right of Access – the right to be informed of and request access to the personal data we process about you;
- Right to Rectification – the right to request that we amend or update your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to Erasure – the right to request that we delete your personal data;4Right to Restrict – the right to request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your personal data;
- Right to Object – the right, at any time, to object to us processing your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation; the right to object to your personal data being processed for direct marketing purposes;
- Right to Data Portability – the right to request a copy of your personal data in electronic format.
4. Terms relevant to this Policy
Site Solutions uses a network of authorised third party partners to deliver the products and services described on our Website and such authorised third party partners are data processors (“Data Processors”) for the purposes of the Act.
Site Solutions is the data controller (“Data Controller”) for the purposes of the Act and can be contacted at Suite 9 Mortimer Trading Centre, Hereford, HR4 9SP.
5. How do we collect your personal data?
We collect your personal data in the following ways:
- When you use our service – when you ask us for a quote or use our service you may tell us certain personal data in order for us to quote accurately or provide the service.
- When you visit our website – when you visit the Site Solutions website we may collect information about your computer hardware and software.
- When you apply for an account – when you apply for a credit account with us you will fill in a form which you return to us via post, email or directly from our website.
- From third parties – we may receive personal data about you and your activity from third parties, including credit reference agencies and industry related data gathering services. We will use this personal data either where you have provided your consent to the third party to allow that data sharing to take place or where Site Solutions has a legitimate interest to use the personal data in order to provide you with our services.
- If you apply for a job with us – In the event that you apply for a job with Site Solutions, you may send us personal and professional information and we may conduct research about you on social media.
6. What personal data do we collect from you?
We have set out below the types of personal data we collect about you:
Personal data collected when you use our service. This is the personal data that is provided by you or collected by us to enable us to trade with you. This may include your full name, address and postcode, contact information (such as email address, telephone number and mobile number). The personal data we will ask you to provide is required in order for you to use our services. The exact personal data collected will vary depending on the payment method (e.g. payment by bank card or by invoice) but will include information such as:
- Date of birth;
- Credit or debit card type, expiration date, and your card number;
- Postal code;
- Mobile phone number.
Personal data collected through your use of the Site Solutions website
This is the personal data that is collected about you when you are using the Site Solutions website – this may include:
- your IP address
- browser type
- operating system
- URL information
- cookie data
- the types of devices you are using to access or connect to the Site Solutions website
- unique device IDs
- device attributes
- network connection type (e.g. WiFi, 3G, LTE, Bluetooth)
- referring website addresses
- access times
Further details about the technical data that is processed by us can be found in our Cookies Policy. Personal data collected when you apply for an account. This is the personal data that is provided by you or collected by us to enable us to trade with you. This may include your full name, address and postcode, contact information (such as email address, telephone number and mobile number).
The personal data we will ask you to provide is required in order for you to use our services. You also have the option to provide us with some additional personal data in order to make your account more personalised. This could include your experience of our services, your invoice preferences and contact preferences.
Account customers pay by invoice on 30 days. We will check your personal data with our credit reference agency to enable in order to complete a credit check and to send you invoices.
This personal data is used to enable Site Solutions to send you newsletters and marketing communications via email. All our newsletters and marketing communications have an ‘Opt Out’ selection if you no longer wish to receive them.
Personal data collected if you apply for job with us. This is the personal data that is provided by you or collected by us to enable us to assess your suitability for job with us. This may include your full name, address and postcode, contact information (such as email address, telephone number and mobile number).
The personal and professional information we will ask you to provide us with is required in order for us to assess your suitability for any role in which you have expressed an interest. You may provide this Information by way of a job application, Curriculum Vitae, by telephone conversation or in a formal interview.
7. What do we use your personal data for?
We have set out below the reasons why we process your personal data and the associated legal basis we rely upon to legally permit us to process your personal data:
- The description of why Site Solutions processes your personal data (‘processing purpose’) is set out first, followed by the legal basis for the processing purpose (Shown in brackets).
- To provide you our services – (Performance of a Contract)
- To understand how you access and use Site Solutions services to ensure technical functionality of our service, develop new products and services, and analyse your use of our services – (Performance of a Contract, Legitimate Interest)
- To communicate with you for service related purposes – (Performance of a Contract, Legitimate Interest)
- To process your payment to prevent or detect fraud including fraudulent payments – (Performance of a Contract, Compliance with legal obligations, Legitimate Interest)
- To communicate with you for marketing, research and promotional purposes via emails or other messages, consistent with any permissions you may have communicated to us – (Consent, Legitimate Interest)
8. Sharing your personal data
The Information we may share is shown below by Category of Recipient and the reason for sharing is given.
Service Providers and Others
We may in limited circumstances disclose your Information to a third party if we are under a duty to disclose or share your Information to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements or protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Law Enforcement and Data Protection Authorities
We will share your personal data when we in good faith believe it is necessary for us to do so in order to comply with a legal obligation under applicable law, or respond to valid legal process. We also will also share your personal data where we in good faith believe that it is necessary for the purpose of our own, or a third party’s legitimate interest relating to national security, law enforcement, litigation, criminal investigation, protecting the safety of any person, or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm, provided that we deem that such interest is not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms requiring the protection of your personal data.
Purchasers of our business
9. Data retention and deletion
We keep your personal data only as long as necessary to provide you with our service and for legitimate and essential business purposes, such as making data-driven business decisions about new offerings, complying with our legal obligations, and resolving disputes. We keep some of your personal data for as long as you are a user of our services.
If you request, we will delete or anonymise your personal data so that it no longer identifies you, unless, we are legally allowed or required to maintain certain personal data, including situations such as the following:
- If there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute we will retain the necessary personal data until the issue is resolved;
- Where we are required to retain the personal data for our legal, tax, audit, and accounting obligations, we will retain the necessary personal data for the period required by applicable law; and/or,
- Where necessary for our legitimate business interests such as fraud prevention or to maintain the security of our users.
We may display content on our website that links to third-party websites. We cannot control or be held responsible for third parties’ privacy practices and content. If you click on a third-party link, please understand that you are leaving the Site Solutions website and any personal data you provide will not be covered by this Policy. Please read their privacy policies to find out how they collect and process your personal data.
11. Keeping your personal data safe
We are committed to protecting our customers’ personal data. We implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to help protect the security of your personal data; however, please note that no system is ever completely secure.
We may occasionally make changes to this Policy.
When we make material changes to this Policy, we’ll provide you with prominent notice as appropriate under the circumstances, e.g., by sending you an email.
Please, therefore, make sure you read any such notice carefully.
13. How to contact us
Site Solutions (FM) Ltd l Ground Floor l Orchard Business Centre l 11A Orchard Road l Royston l SG8 5HD
Site Solutions (FM) Ltd is the data controller for the purposes of the personal data processed under this Policy.